I wanted to share with you this delicious flour we tried when we had our HyVee “G-Free” birthday party last month. The dietician shared a recipe that can be used for either tortillas, OR pizza crust.
Plus, its super simple – love that!
The Domata flour was from Hy-Vee. It was $13.37 where we live, for the 4lb bag.
Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
(makes 8 tortillas that are gluten and casein free)
– 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
– 1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
– 2 tsp. organic sugar
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 cup warm water
* Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with hands
* Add cup of warm water to bowl and mix in dry goods with hand, until it is no longer dry
* Separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
* Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of rice flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape. If these are tortillas, make them thin as possible.
* If this is a pizza crust, oil up hands and spread crust into desired shape. Bake for 10 minutes at 350, then remove – and add toppings as normal, then bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
* If this is for tortillas, throw thin shapes onto hot griddle with oil and let cook 1 minute or until it has started puffing up, and making some brown spots, flip and cook other side.
* Slide cooked tortilla onto a waiting plate and repeat until all are done.
“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”