G-Free Tortillas or Pizza Crust
I wanted to share with you this delicious flour we tried when we had our HyVee “G-Free” birthday party last month. The dietician shared a recipe that can be used for either tortillas, OR pizza crust.
Plus, its super simple – love that!
The Domata flour was from Hy-Vee. It was $13.37 where we live, for the 4lb bag.
Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
(makes 8 tortillas that are gluten and casein free)
– 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
– 1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
– 2 tsp. organic sugar
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 cup warm water
* Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with hands
* Add cup of warm water to bowl and mix in dry goods with hand, until it is no longer dry
* Separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
* Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of rice flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape. If these are tortillas, make them thin as possible.
* If this is a pizza crust, oil up hands and spread crust into desired shape. Bake for 10 minutes at 350, then remove – and add toppings as normal, then bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
* If this is for tortillas, throw thin shapes onto hot griddle with oil and let cook 1 minute or until it has started puffing up, and making some brown spots, flip and cook other side.
* Slide cooked tortilla onto a waiting plate and repeat until all are done.
“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
Posted on July 19, 2012, in Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity, Food To Try and tagged casein free pizza crust, casein free tortillas, celiac disease, gluten free pizza crust, gluten free recipe, Gluten free tortillas, gluten sensitivity. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.